Saturday, October 03, 2009
Squeamish?
I am not squeamish. I have often bragged that if I was out of a job and needed to change careers, crime scene cleanup could be an option. I have done phlebotomy and I have listened to far too many lectures on HIV-related gastrointestinal disorders during dinner lectures (with slides) to be grossed out by much.

The last few years, I have made some, in my opinion, fairly mild Hallowe'en treats. Unfortunately, my co-workers were/are not as robust as I seem to be.

Last year I made a meatloaf foot. Damn, I wish I had photos of that one. Toenails made of onion pieces and ketchup artfully smeared on the stump with a plastic bone pushed in just for fun. Totally easy. Also, easy to transport to work for the potluck!

I made witches fingers one year but these were not nearly as gross as I wanted them to be. They flattened a bit and therefore didn't have quite the look of actual fingers. But the greenish tinge was quite nice.

Two years ago was really the piece de resistance of freaking out my co-workers. I really didn't expect that practically no one would even try it. I mean, really. It was a lovely chocolate cake. It was made from scratch. No boxed mixes in this house!

I guess, perhaps it was a tad too realistic. C'est la vie!

This year I am planning a host of Hallowe'en treats. I'm not going to go for the gross out at work as I don't plan on wasting my time and money on something that won't even be eaten, but I am going to have a few items at home that will be a little stomach churning!


Bone appetit!

Labels:

Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! Faith! You're a scream! I loved those witches fingers cookies. Can't wait to see what you bring to our WeHo Stitch 'n Witch this year!

Blogger goodmamajama said...

That cat box thing is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. And that comes from a compulsive overeater, mind you. Even I wouldn't eat that.

EEEEWWW!!!


:)

Post a Comment

<< Home