Tuesday, June 06, 2006
18th minute
First off, I want to thank my secret pal for the gifties that I got in the mail last week. No photos yet but I didn't want to wait another day before describing the brilliant cashsoft in purple and green for making a new something for the nephiece and the fabulous Misti Alpaca in the beautiful heathered purple colorway for me. I love these. And the patterns for fruit!!! How did you know? Also, as you all know, me - huge fan of the marshmallow - she(?) sent s'mores!!! Which I proceeded to share with all of Stitch n' Bitch WeHo (here's me..."EAT THE MARSHMALLOWS!!!") so I wouldn't eat them all myself. Too bad I didn't have a lighter or else we'd have been cooking up there!!!

Second - yes, folks, I'm getting my 18th minute. Yesterday the pride issue of Frontiers Newsmagazine hit newsstands with my article, and a photo and bio in the contributors section. I interviewed Dr. Ronald Mitsuyasu, Director of the UCLA Center for AIDS Research and Education, Dr. Thomas Coates, Director of the UCLA Global HIV Health Program and Kathy Watt, Executive Director of Van Ness Recovery House. Yep - I'm famous. Whateva. It's not up on their website yet but should be in the next couple of days. Until then, it's free at Rage, A Different Light, Pleasure Chest and any other queer hangouts you can think of.

Anyway, in other news, I am now a regular contributor to AIDS Combat Zone. So if you're at all interested in seeing what I have to say on that issue, my HIV-related posts will be appearing there from now on.

That's all the news that's fit to print.
Stumble It!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home