I believe the combination of 80 mg of Prozac, two years of very, very intensive therapy and one husband trying his damnedest to be as supportive as anyone can possibly be who doesn’t understand what the fuck is going on with his wife, brought me through to today.
Today, I can manage a hundred things at once. Today, these things include:
1. managing to get incredibly tedious regulatory work done for 8ish hours a day.
2. Getting phone calls from my darling sister who I adore more than I ever thought I could and looking up things like Braxton-Hicks contractions
3. Planning said sister’s baby shower
4. Making bedding for said sister’s baby
5. Going to therapy once a week
6. Keeping a blog (and fairly well, I might add!)
7. Keeping my wonderful husband in Oreos and beer
8. Going to Stitch n’ Bitch twice a week and involving the new member du jour in the festivities
9. Getting this damned secret present finished before a certain date
10. Putting up and managing the UCLA CARE Center website
11. Encouraging my friends in all of their joys
12. Trying desperately to comfort my friends in their heartbreaks
13. Getting ready to buy a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there aren’t enough exclamation points in the world)
Any one of these things might have sent me over the edge back then. They all (and a few more) seem to be fitting in with my life just smashingly.
Last night Michael and I had another serious discussion about home purchasing. I can reach out and touch it now. I am ecstatic. And I can see nearly forever.
Labels: Body Electric