Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Craig's list - I miss the good old days...
When I am forced to write, like a book report, I don't write nearly as amusing material...I'm not naming any names......Monkeygurl.....But I'll try.

OK. The hit parade is now playing 30 days until my escrow closes.

I have nary packed a thing but I have finally thrown away the dry and crumbly old spices sitting on racks above my stove. The racks are in my trunk. I am seriously going to need to have a garage sale.

I am getting rid of:
At least 1 if not 2 dressers
2 Desks
a rattan trunk
China cabinet
Microwave cart
framed Matisse poster
framed Jane Evershed poster
various and sundry light sources
book shelves
night stand
vacuum cleaner
vintage knitting machine and many, many other things and stuff

It's all going up on Craigslist except that the fabulous CL - which has been the source of Michael's first bike and many, many garage sale adventures, seems to have been taken over by people actually selling stuff to make a living, who have time on their hands to post and repost the contents of their entire warehouses of furniture leaving my measly posting lost in a world of Italianate-style bedroom sets and lucite coffee tables.

Damn those kids today and their "Yo, MTV Raps"........
Stumble It!


8 Comments:

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

try freecycle.org

Blogger Sara said...

while it's true that there are a lot of dealers, you can sort by "owner-listed," and not even see the dealer listed stuff. So hopefully, people will find your listing. Good luck!

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

or you could keep some of it in your garage for a few months (i know, it's too much) until i have my own apartment???

just saying.

Blogger Jen said...

wait, wait... is that the vintage knitting machine you scored from an estate sale last year for practically nothing? Or was that someone else???

Blogger Jen said...

wait, wait... is that the vintage knitting machine you scored from an estate sale last year for practically nothing? Or was that someone else???

Blogger Faith said...

Yes Jen - this is that knitting machine. It needs serious work and I just don't have the energy to make that work happen. Really, ever...

Blogger Allison said...

If you are up for a garage sale, I would be interested in participating. I still have stuff in boxes, tagged and ready to put out.

The deal is that if I make room for a freezer, we can put one in the garage. (Hello, Costco!)

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Isn't CL owned by some giant conglomerate by now? Along with Craftster and Etsy? Everyone sells out in the end...

I'm with Kendra - if you can't keep it, maybe you can "employ" her to post the stuff on CL every day. She can *jazz* it up!

Post a Comment

<< Home