Monday, July 09, 2007
Branching out
Writing is, in many ways, my saving grace.

I write all the time. I have an entire shelf of old journals in my library. I write so that things are real. So that I can prove to myself that I had that thought before or so that I can prove how far I've come (or regressed).

In junior high, a very perceptive teacher told me that instead of interrupting when I had a thought, I should write it down and then raise my hand. This has been useful throughout my life. To think, it was just thrown off to keep this annoying Ms. Know-it-all from monopolizing the class.

Thoughts come to me in great waves and writing it down helps me to keep track. To stop ruminating about the same crap over and over again.

In May of 2006 I started a blog dedicated just to dealing with the really deep and hideous stuff. I shared it with only a few people. I closed it down in November.

In the interest of:

1. Being honest with myself
2. Being fully committed to getting healthy

I'm starting it up again. I promise to keep up with both...after all, y'all never knew I had the other one in the first place.

The url is crazyjeans DOT blogspot.com. It's a closed list. You'll have to email me to obtain access. Email me at soqueer AT gmail DOT com.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


1 Comments:

Blogger æ said...

emailed ya.

I would love to be part of the inner world, if that would be good for you too.

ae

Post a Comment

<< Home