Monday, July 09, 2007
Fruits and nuts

I've been promising photos of some of the lovely fruits and veggies I've been growing with my own two hands. Here are three for the road.

Also, I got my right shoulder blade tattooed this weekend and though it's a little sting-y, I'm totally in love with the art. I promise to post photos soon.

I actually asked my tattoo artist how he felt working on my back. Basically, I'm really uncomfortable with my body so I wanted to know if he was too. It's something I've been wanting to ask him for years but I've never been in a place where I could hear an answer. What he said was perfect..."He told me that I was a canvas, all canvases are different."

I feel pretty good about that. In the long run, in becoming more comfortable in my body, thinking of it as a canvas is something new to ponder....

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!


9 Comments:

Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Oh your garden looks so Lush and green!
I'd post pics of my lemon tree but I may get accused of Meyer Lemon abuse. See the tree was imporperly up rooted prior to coming to us and is in shock so it has no leaves...it looks like the Charlie Brown X-mas special tree except not as healthy...I keep saying "this tree needs us" I get emotional and attached to plants like that.
You garden looks BEAUTIFUL.
Post tattoo pics soooooooon I'm dying to see!

Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful plants!

I'm sending good vibes in your direction. Can you feel them? Hope so.

xoxo

Blogger Allison said...

Wow - look at your garden!! I am so impressed (brown thumb here.) I told Laurie that if you both get overwhelmed with veggies, I'm all for settin' up the roadside produce stand. We could sell lemonade and have a bake sale too!

Blogger Heather said...

Beautiful fruit and beautiful photographs! That pumpkin is adorable!

I, too, am a fan of the tattoos...I'm contemplating my next one, which will be in honor of my son. I try to get one when we go special places...kind of like souvenirs. Since my sister is moving to London, maybe I'll get my next one there.

The thought of your body as a canvas is sort of freeing, too. How pleasant.

-Heather

Blogger WineGrrl said...

I am all for the stand. Zucchini Bread, Lemonade and craft supplies! I say go for it!

Blogger Faith said...

Thanks!

Scrapper - BTW - I've completely killed an apricot try and I have no idea how. I'm giving the thing a couple of months and then I'm going to have to give in and dig it out - total bummer. I get very attached to trees too.

Sarah. I am. Thank you. I need it.

We should start a veggie stand!!!

Blogger Heather said...

Faith- Just read your comment over at Roark's...hang in there. I'm up and avoiding the kitchen and thinking about you. Hang in there.
-Heather

Blogger Heather said...

Gotta love solitaire! I got a Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas and the only thing I play on it is solitaire.

The cul-de-sac blog sounds like a good thing. Nothing like some crazy blogging women with eating disorders to make life a little easier.

Funny...these comments will seem totally random to anyone who stops by...I suppose we could e-mail! :)

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Your peach is so cute.
Oh, that sounded kind of dirty. :)

Along that line, SHOW US YOUR TATS!

Miss you...I'll be there Thursday.

Post a Comment

<< Home