Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Mrs. Know it all

I love this picture of some anonymous little girl. I love her eagerness. Her confidence.

I wonder why that gets sucked out of us at such a young age.

I used to be her. (I'm still a total know-it-all - just ask Michael). I'm just no longer quite as eager as I used to be...not quite so bold.

I sometimes feel like talking about myself makes me a big drama queen...an attention whore. Like that's a bad thing. But I guess in my life, in a lot of ways, being the center of attention is not necessarily the best thing. Especially when you're a little-miss-know-it-all.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade being smart for anything. The one time I ODed, the one thing I was worried about was that I would have lost so many brain cells that I wouldn't be smart any more....can you say "DORK!"

Last night on the elliptical, I rocked my brains out to "Stupid Girls" by P!NK. That girl has big ol' brass ones. I adore her. I also rocked it a little old school to Cherry Bomb - the original by the Runaways. There's nothing like a little Joan Jett when you're feeling blue.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


3 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I have to admit, I didn't "get" Pink until I saw an A&E or MTV show on her. Then, I got her. It was kinda like when I was young and saw a show on Toulouse-Lautrec. Once I understood all that was going on in and behind the scenes, I appreciated them much more.

Also, kinda like you.

Blogger Faith said...

I'm going to consider that a compliment MG.

Also, I adore you too.

f.

Blogger Abby Hansen said...

Rock on, sister woman! My ex used to call me 'Hermione' and while he thought he was making fun of me, I took it as a compliment.

Beautiful ink, BTW.

Post a Comment

<< Home