Thursday, January 08, 2009
Forward, ho.
So, looking forward, what am I doing with 2009?


Getting my health in order, 'cause right now, frankly, it's not. I've been ignoring a bunch of stuff that, were I my child or my wife, it would be unacceptable.


Getting my money in order. A number of years ago, I went debt-free, which is a wonderful feeling. Ever since then, I've been using my AmEx, so essentially, I live one month behind. I pay my AmEx at the end of every month. So I am always paying for January with February's paycheck. In this year, I'd like to start going backward a little more by trying to live a cash life. That will certainly involve at least 2 or 3 months of very strict budgeting but I know it is worth it. Despite being in pretty good shape fiscally, I still have anxiety about money. And really, who doesn't right now?




I need some intellectual challenge. It ain't coming from the Sunday crosswords and it's not happening at work. It's time to come up with a plan, and right now, that plan probably entails going back to school for a master's degree. I might have even found a program. And no GRE!* I'll keep y'all posted.






Those are the big ones for 2009. Of course I'd like to have all holiday presents hand made by November 15th and have the perfect desk by then as well but...we'll take one thing at a time.

Happy new year y'all.


(*The last time I took the GRE, I felt like my brain had been drained of all fluids afterward. It was unpleasant. I could barely remember how to drive a car. I'm not doing it again. I like an intellectual challenge but that was just plain stupid.)

Labels:

Stumble It!


9 Comments:

Blogger Lynn in Tucson said...

Oh, great. Thanks for confirming all my fears about the GRE!

;-)

Happy New Year,
Lynn

Blogger PiscesCafe said...

Yes, health is my priority this year too! To our health, may it flourish.

Happy New Year Faith!
Hugs,
Christine G.

Blogger dale-harriet said...

Faith - L'Shana Tova....and you're right on the mark with What's Important. Hooray for you, Missy Inspiration {G} I tend to not do resolutions because they're self-defeating; I just make little goals for myself secretly. That way if I fail only I know about it (also at my age I tend to forget 'em pretty fast, so -- no sense of failure!) May this new year bring you contentment, prosperity, health, curiosity, delight, whimsy and laughter!

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Happy New Year, Faith! Your goals for 2009 are an inspiration!

Oh Great Moderator of SnB-LA, how 'bout taking the intellectual and organizational challenge of updating the SnB-LA Yahoo website?

Blogger Faith said...

Sorry Lynn - I don't know how it is now though...I took it in 1994. So it very well may have changed in the past 15 years...

Also, Ellen. I will do that ASAP. It has been on my to do list forever!!

Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Stanford's Teacher Education Program did not require a GRE score back in '96...yes, that Stanford...or I'da never become a teacher...

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Laudable goals, really. But that Ellen cracks me up - she's smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!

Blogger twinsetellen said...

Happy New Year. Thanks for the last year of thought-provoking posts, and in the spirit of paying it forward, thanks for posts to come.

Blogger penny said...

Yay! I too chose a program that avoided my GRE score (which was one of the first computerized exams. UGGS! i was drained and left a babbling idiot for several weeks) ... but i have a quite a few less optimistic things to say about the rest of my program. I'll email you.

May you have a healthy, happy, and intellectually stimulating year!

{hugs}

Post a Comment

<< Home