Monday, October 12, 2009
The Witch Next Door

This is a 1965 copy of the book, the Witch Next Door. Norman Bridwell writes a sweet book with some very modern and wonderful morals that stand the test of time.

The first moral: Just because someone is different doesn't mean she is bad.

Second: Mean people suck but usually just need someone to be nice to them.

Third: You are wonderful just the way you are.

Pretty progressive for 1965!

Norman Bridwell also wrote How to Care for Your Monster, Witch's Vacation, Monster Holidays, Ghost Charlie, Witch's Catalog, Magic Matt and the Jack 'o Lantern and the entire Clifford the Dog series including a bunch of autumn and Hallowe'en titles! Mr. Bridwell is clearly a lover of all things Hallowe'enie as well!

Thanks Mr. Bridwell for this book. I loved it as a child and recently bought it to share with my niece.

Labels:

Stumble It!


4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I love this book!!! Thanks for reminding me.

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for alerting us OLDSTERS about this book! I consider myself the "Witch Next Door." Maybe I'll find some hints and tips in this book!

Blogger Faith said...

Wait until tomorrow Ellen! That's the book you'll find the items you need!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I also LOVED that book!! I hope your niece loves it as much as LA & I did!!

Post a Comment

<< Home