Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Wanna publish a book?
Part of this whole "Living out Loud" thang that I am doing involves asking for help. I don't really do that, however I am going to right now. HELP!!!

If anyone is interested in publishing a great book, I have one ready to be published. It's been edited even. By a Ph.D. in English.

I had an agent but she pretty much didn't do anything so I wasted 2 years with that. Contract expired, got rid of her ass.

Then there was the whole aforementioned time spent in bed not doing anything. That would be another year, year and a half-ish.

Essentially I've had this book on my hands for closing in on 9 years now. Everyone who has read it thinks it's brilliant - not tooting horn, just reporting facts.

What is this book? You ask. I can hear you. I'm a little psychic that way. I'll tell you but I swear if a book comes out with this title and it wasn't written by me I will track you down. I know people.
The book is called What Can I Do? It is for people who know someone with a serious or terminal illness. It is not for primary caregivers. It is, however for the people who want to do something, but think, "I don't know what to do, she probably already has 10 bouquets of flowers and how helpful are flowers, really?" It has chapters including:
-Survivors of violence
-Survivors of suicide
-Anorexia/Bulimia nervosa (a personal favorite)
-What to say and what NOT to say
-Health and Humor
-Free stuff you can do
-Talking about God
-Notes on Hope
and so much more....

I've gotten about 50 rejection letters so far. "Why?" you ask (again with the ESP - freaky, huh?). I will tell you. When you send out a book proposal you are not allowed to send the book. They will put it in the trash if you do and that is a lot of wasted paper. You are supposed to send a proposal giving an overview of the book. Apparently the geniuses at these literary agencies cannot see from said proposal how this book might work, and so they send letters on pretty letterhead saying "Thanks but F- you. " Not in those words, but that's what it sounded like on this end.

It even has a chapter on how to write a little note to your sick or grieving friend!!! Fer gad's sake people!!! Help me publish my book. If you know anyone who would take a look at it, if you want to come over and help me with a new book proposal that might be catchier than the last one, if you have a great idea for how to get this book out on shelves, let me know. I'm totally open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance lovely readers.

Faith
Stumble It!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book. I would buy it and recommend it to my healing students.

Have you tried Hay House?

Post a Comment

<< Home