Saturday, February 24, 2007
Tchotchkefication follow up

I feel the need to clarify. I grew up in a house with a lot of stuff that was not-to-touch. I think it was the early childhood trauma speaking.

Mom had collections. They were not grouped.

There were
  • teacups
  • Madame Alexander dolls
  • depression glass
  • rolling pins
  • Pillsbury dough boys
  • Orientalia
  • Pigs (don't even ask)
  • Miniature houses
  • Bells
  • Perfume bottles

and about here is where I start to dissociate. Obviously my lack of tchotchke is a rebellion (psychologically sophisticated much?)

So don't blame me...blame my mother.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

I am on a quest to rid my life of tchotchke.

...do you think your mother would like some of mine?

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Hey, I blame my mother for EVERYTHING WRONG in my life. So if your mom is responsible for you being a little tchotchke-cist, she's getting off easy.

Post a Comment

<< Home