Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Cock-a-doodle-doo

Sunday morning I woke up, like any other day and got coffee. Very important.

As Michael and I were sitting in our living room doing the Sunday crossword, which we have to print off the internet because we can’t share, and drinking our coffee, I peered out the front window of our new home. There, right on the front lawn was a rooster. Seriously. A rooster.

“Oh my god.” I said.

“What!?”

“There’s a rooster on our lawn.”

Michael looks out the window. “That’s not a rooster, it’s a squirrel.”

--

“Look out the window! There’s a rooster!”

At which point, I grab my camera and in my bare feet and pajamas, head for the door.

Now, frankly, I had planned on standing on my porch and taking a picture of the rooster, but wouldn’t you know it, the minute I opened the door, the rooster was on the move.

So there I am, on a Sunday morning at 7 a.m. running down the middle of the street in my bare feet and pajamas chasing a damn rooster.

My neighbors must seriously wonder about the new girl.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


15 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yikes! You are in the country!
Cock-a-doodle-don't!

Blogger WineGrrl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

That's a hen.

A rooster has more impressive plumage, so as to attract as many females as possible. ;-D

Blogger Faith said...

Seriously. I'm in Burbank! What the hell is a damn rooster doing wandering around my block at 7 a.m.?

Also, what the hell does one nice Jewish boy from New York City and one Nice Jewish girl from L.A. know about roosters???

I mean, I did live on a farm with 20,000 turkeys once but really, in Burbank? Come on!

Blogger Faith said...

Winegrrl - is it really a hen? I have no idea. I just assumed it was a rooster. But at least I had the same species. Michael thought it was a squirrel! Not even close!

Blogger Uccellina said...

Definitely a hen. But still - weird in Burbank.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Dude. Seriously - last time my egg and spern donors were in town, we had gone to dinner at Thai House (on Pico, between Robertson and La Cienega). Afterward, we went north on Bedford and east on Whitworth and on the corner?!

A FREAKIN CHICKEN.

I tried to get my dad to stop so I could take a picture, but I think LA scares him. Particularly THAT part of town. :)

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I was going to say something clever and baudy about cocks, but alas...

One of my old neighbors on Mansfield Avenue just off Santa Monica Blvd had chickens and a goat. In the middle of the city? Sheesh!

Blogger WineGrrl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

I think of Burbank, and hens don't usually come to mind...as a rule. Sometimes you see hens at the riding stables....According to my mother, you can have a flock of hens in Los Angeles (don't know about Burbank, though!) as long as you don't have a breeding rooster....which probably disapponts the hens a bit. She could have been looking for a new home...maybe she wants you and Michael to take her in...just kidding!

I have to keep deleting and reposting my comments, my computer is crazy today!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Hee-hee. Michael thought it was a squirrel!

Winegrrl, how the HECK does your mom know about flocks of hens in LA?! And LA, where's the baudy?!

Blogger WineGrrl said...

My mother grew up on a farm in southwest Louisiana.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

...which is the only reason why I can tell a rooster from a hen.

Blogger Uccellina said...

I saw an owl in Studio City last night.

Post a Comment

<< Home