Tuesday, March 06, 2007
A-Crafting we will go

I haven’t blogged lately about anything I’ve crafted up. Ever since we moved into the new house, I’ve been a-crafting. Not as much as I would like, but still – a-crafting. After all, I have my own a-crafting room! So exciting!

First off, I made curtains for our living room. They’re a beautiful silk dupioni backed in Kona cotton. They’re not hemmed yet but neither have we permanently hung the curtain rods – so I guess I have an excuse.

Second, this was crafty in a “there’s no freakin’ way I’m paying $50 to rent some nasty thread bare red carpet for the Oscars” so I went to Joann’s and with the remainder of a Hanukkah gift card, I bought 5 yards of red blanket fleece which I made into a red carpet. Then I put it in the washer and dryer and it’s fresh as a rose. Some people are getting very fun Christmas presents this year!!!

Third. I made this cowl for my trip to Banff. It was really, really easy. First, I did a 2 x 2 rib in the round with a doubled up yarn – one was Debbie Bliss Merino Aran, the other was something I got at a yarn swap. It was Cherry Tree Hill, but I have no idea what the yarn was made of. It was pretty and grey. I think I cast on around 140 on size 10s. After a while, maybe 7 inches (see how exact I am) I cast off two stitches and then went back and forth for maybe another 7 inches. Then I sewed the top up and I had a hooded cowl. Simplicity!!!

My projects on the docket are:

  1. Finish Peigi’s birthday present – her b-day was January 1 but I was moving so I have a good excuse. Right?
  2. Make curtains for my bedroom – easier said than done…I have not found the perfect fabric yet.
  3. Hem the café curtains for our kitchen – easier done than said.
  4. Make a long plaid skirt – which I have been wanting since I was in my very early 20’s. Think it’s about time?
  5. Start the copy of the Calvin Klein sweater that I bought. It’s a great sweater, it fits really well but the arms are oddly short, not really short sleeved and not really long. Also, the band around the hip is not stretchy and therefore, less attractive than I would like. So, no pattern, just working it out as I go. I know, serious trouble awaits, but I’ll have fun with it nevertheless. Not to mention, I’m doing it in Misti Alpaca, which has to be the softest yarn in the whole wide world so how bad could it be?
  6. Then, probably a hat. Because that is how I roll.

Labels:

Stumble It!


1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Wow, quite the list of projects - for us non-craftiers how long would just ONE of them take? (I just remember a brief fling I had with cross stitch until I went briefly insane before making it 1/4 of the way done)

Post a Comment

<< Home