Thursday, March 01, 2007
In a mood

No, not that kind of mood.

I visited the new Los Angeles branch of mood designer fabrics on Pico and La Cienega (which just happens to be on my way home from work. EVERY DAY.)


mood is the fabric store (and I use that term lightly) that the designers go to when they get a design project on Project Runway. Tim takes them all over to mood and has them spend 30 minutes in the aisles picking out fabrics. HA! HA, I SAY! 30 minutes.

I spent 45 there on Tuesday and I didn’t even buy anything. And don’t think that wasn’t a challenge. They have fabrics from Cavalli, Pucci and Marc Jacobs not to mention tons and tons of silks, tweeds, wools, a freakin’ ton of knits and then I started getting woozy and overwhelmed.

All of the staff seemed super nice and helpful and after I announced I was an amateur, they still were helpful. Which is a good sign because they might have just ignored me after that but then, they haven’t seen my fabric stash….It is not a good policy to ignore me.

I would say they have about the same amount of fabrics as Michael Levine (my Mecca). The only downside I can think of is that they have the fabrics stacked on shelves to the ceiling and therefore, I cannot touch and play with the fabrics way up there.

I’m tall. 6 feet in heels and there is a whole lot of very inaccessible fabric. Other than that, I will say, if I need fabric during the week. I’ll be found at mood.

I took photos but I haven't downloaded them yet...soon to come.

6165 W. Pico Blvd. LA 90035 – (323)653-MOOD (6663)

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


8 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I sense a field trip! I didn't know that mood had an LA branch. I'm so excited now!

Blogger Faith said...

They opened 9 days ago!!! So EXCITING!!!!!

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i MUST go.

MUST.

i'm hyperventilating.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

pucci pucci pucci. I like the fabric okay, but I like saying that even better. Since I don't watch project runaway (please!), I have nooooo idea what mood is, but it sounds like fun. You tall woman.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I just realized - if it's on your way home, it's probably on my way home, too. I checked the site and, lo! There it is!!! Right where the picketers are every friday evening. Coool beans.

Blogger Frank said...

Wow, sounds like a high-end Michael Levine's... Must check it out...

Blogger Unknown said...


Thanks for your beautiful presentation. This site is very helpful for me. i really loved your writing skills.
Fabrics Usa Inc

Blogger Unknown said...

excellent work. interested to go
Sequin Fabrics

Post a Comment

<< Home