Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Stupid ^&$#&*(*!@(%$
Arrgh! Brain splitting open! Too much to blog about!!!! I know this is supposed to be Word Wednesday and I had all of these potential blog topic candidates and then, smack, right in the face with three stories too stupid to pass up! Guess you’ll just have to wait for another day to hear what I had for breakfast…

First:

I posted yesterday about the transfolk in a totally, I-don’t-have-any-hideously-bad-news-about-anyone-being-murdered-or-assaulted kind of way and then, BAM! Uccellina emails me with this craptastic piece of son of a bitch damn stupid………….!

Apparently Jimmy Kimmel had Rebecca Romijn on his late show recently. She is currently playing a transexual woman on Ugly Betty. I tried and tried to post the You Tube interview but I can't get it and I'm sounding like an old lady with completely being unable to figure this out. "You kids today and your YouTube!" Anyway, I have other things I need to be doing. Go to it yourself here. Here is what I am sending to him and his people.








Second:

Former U.N. Special Envoy for AIDS in Africa, Stephen Lewis (My Hero! I’d have his babies if were I not queer and infertile and I wanted children), told a news conference that he would take the 13 member International Narcotics Control Board “behind the international woodshed and give them an intellectual and rhetorical flogging, the like of which they would never forget," for discrediting methadone maintenance and needle exchange programs. The full article as reported by Reuters is great.

I love this guy because frankly I think he might be the only public servant in North America who speaks his mind – and of course, he’s Canadian! I wrote about Mr. Lewis (love you!) in an article last year when he said that America was guilty of incipient neocolonialism for its micromanagment of HIV in Africa. Which brings me around to….

Third:

A couple of months ago I wrote about our President and his very (NOT) sensible regulations about who he gives HIV prevention dollars to. This was a good post (in my humble opinion - I highly recommend reading it). Essentially he was making anyone that got the money swear on their mothers right pinkie finger that they were against sex trafficking and prostitution. The ACLU and judges were standing up for DKT but nooooo. Yesterday it was announced that the President could give money to anyone he wants to based "on such terms and conditions as the president may determine." and no one's free speech rights would be violated if the money was linked to a pledge. He's the determiner. He determines.

Brain hurts. Owie.

Seriously though, my WORD post is brilliant…I guess it’ll just have to wait until next week…

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


4 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i hope jimmy kimmel apologizes, but i don't think he will.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Jimmy kimmel's an idiot. Bush (the president, not the groinal region) is an idiot. I don't think either realizes what an idiot they are, so I doubt either will apologize for said idiocy. But thanks for trying!

Blogger Gwen said...

Your letter is great, and I hope Jimmy Kimmel is properly shamed by it and educates himself and apologizes. But even if he doesn't, you're still reaching people through this blog, and that does make a difference, even if it's a smaller audience than Jimmy's.

Blogger geogrrl said...

Jimmy Kimmel is an asshat. I honestly can't see him apologizing. That man is stupid, rude, and insensitive. He also thinks he's funny.

I agree I've seen transsexuals (men becoming women) who are breathtakingly beautiful, unlike Kimmel thinks.

Post a Comment

<< Home