Thursday, March 29, 2007
HELL ON WHEELS!!!!
Imagine it....

The industrial area between Glendale and Atwater Village
Wednesday night 8 p.m.
300 men in leather
8 Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
Two former figure skaters
One ex-derby doll

on rollerskates!

Last night was Hell on Wheels III which Michael and I, on a bit of a whim, decided to attend. Oh my god. It was so much fun!

Wednesday night is usually gay night at the Moonlight Rollerway but once a year during the competition for Mr. L.A. Leather they do a leather night. Seriously over 300 tattooed, pierced and lovely men and a few women and a few transmen and women skated around in circles like it was 1983 for 4 hours last night to Xanadu.

My favorite part?

Teenagers crashing into walls and barely able to coast while 50 year old disco queens skated like they were 22 and on coke. Awesome.

Don't you know, I had to get my eight wheels on.

Only landed on my ass once! Amazing!


And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I roll.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


6 Comments:

Blogger Dupa Jasia said...

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

Blogger Psychomom said...

Rollerskating with gay men in leather sounds like my kind of night.

Friday nights at the rink was where I hung out as a teen and my first real job was a rollerskating carhop at Sonic. And I would always put on some wheels when my boys would get invited to birthday parties at the rink. Now they are too old for that but I don't think I will ever be too old for wheeling in circles.

Blogger Uccellina said...

I can't rollerskate to save my life. I can ice skate just fine, but the rollers, they defeat me. Sounds like a fun night, though!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'm like Ucc! I never rollerskated as a kid, I could ice skate from when I first strapped on a pair (of skates, that is), and I seriously kicked ARSE on rollerblades back in the day. But those fat wheeled things? Just can't do it.

Sounds like fun. Men in leather. Yum.

Blogger Frank said...

Sigh... I once won a skatathon. Yes, we had skatathons in Owen-Withee... But I don't remember men in leather. Well, not at the roller rink anyway... ;)

Blogger Geoff said...

I hope you will pick up writing again....I love your blog! and the best part is I found it by complete accident! Hope all is well in your world. Geoff
http://geoff40.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

<< Home