Monday, May 21, 2007
FYI - No panty throwing occurred

But damn if I didn't want to. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a huge geek crush on Stephen Lewis, Canadian extraordinaire and former UN Special Envoy for HIV/AIDS to Africa who came to UCLA to speak on Friday. I have read many of his speeches. I have never seen him in person.

OH MY GOD!!!! He's amazing. He's passionate. He's an awesome orator. I'm just infatuated by his big ol' brain. He spoke for a good 40 minutes and I never looked away. I might not have blinked.

Here's a few quotes,

"Driving the epidemic is a predatory sense of male entitlement leading to levels of sexual violence that are hallucinatory."

"The single most important struggle is the struggle for gender equality."


You know I led the standing O. I shook his hand. I feel like Marsha Brady.

He is a worthy and ethical and incredible man. He should win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love it when someone who really deserves it is a celebrity crush, rather than the latest jock or Hollywood pretty face.

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

And he's a snappy dresser too. I love the tie.

BTW, on my way home last Thursday, I passed a billboard for the new season of A Simple Life and thought of you.

Blogger Orangeblossoms said...

He is hot, isn't he? In a fabulously intelligent John Cleese-ish sort of way. Yeah. I find big brain sexy, too.

Post a Comment

<< Home