Monday, September 24, 2007
Bad blogger...
No hits for you!!!

I'm a baaaad blogger.

I have an absolutely gorgeous pumpkin that I grew with my own hands in a sad and formerly trash piled plot of dirt now sitting on my dining room table. Have I taken photos? No.

I made super cute little thingies for my niece for her birthday. Have I posted them? No. (But here is one!! ---->)

I have planted many a zucchini, not to mention Meyer lemons, Key limes and blood oranges. Did y'all know that? Nooo. I'm too busy rolling around naked in the schadenfreude about Senator Craig.

I have learned to make the easiest damn enchiladas in the entire world. Have I documented this for posterity? Of course not.

Actually the issue here is that I am a hideously lazy photographer.

My grandfather was a photographer and so there are bazillions of photos of me from when he was still alive. I have always aspired to be one of those people constantly behind the lens of a camera but I guess I have been told a few too many times that I'm not such a great photographer (not to mention my ONLY non-passing grade in my ENTIRE life as a student was in photography - too much math!!!).

Anyway, here are my Rosh Hashanah Resolutions.

  • I hereby resolve to take my camera with me where ever I go despite the fact that the on switch CONSTANTLY turns on in my bag thereby depleting the somewhat expensive lithium batteries that I use.

  • Additionally, I resolve to save up enough for this camera so that I can take really pretty pictures and my camera will not turn on spontaneously and deplete said batteries.

  • Lastly, I resolve to take a Photoshop class within the next 6 months (along with the yoga class, the embroidery class and the screenprinting class that I have also resolved to take) so that my photos turn out pretty like Laurie's and Ree's.

  • Also, in the next year I have two (!) big home improvement projects that are going to happen at my new house and I really want to document them.

I expect you all to keep me on track with this. Haven't seen a photo in a while? Call me on it. See me at SnB without my camera? Feel free to smack the back of my hand.


Bad blogger. Baaaad.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!


8 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

As someone who hauls her giant camera around with her EVERYWHERE, I can't recommend doing so highly enough. Really. It's nice to be able to take a picture of something that catches your eye, plus it helps if you are in an accident (knock wood).

Cute pumpkin hat!

Blogger æ said...

oh sweet pumpkin! so, so sweet! Nice work, Faith. You definitely need more pictures of this little one dressed in your duds.

And, let it be known, I heart Schadenfreude, both the name and the concept :)

ae

Blogger ~Molly~ said...

Well, if you aren't going to take a picture of the enchiladas, at least would you please post the recipe??? I did make pizza dough a few nights ago but didn't do pics.

LOVE the pumpkin hat, that is sweeT! Can't wait to hear what you and Laurie do with the real pumpkin. Actually, that thought sort of scares me...

Molly

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

The pumpkin hat turned out great!!!

You know that I am the wife of a great photographer! I have learned many things by standing next to Larry while he takes the perfect photo. There is no perfect photo. He takes lots and lots of digi-pix then chooses the best photo. Get those re-chargeable camera batteries. They're great. I am NEVER without my camera. It's my third-eye!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Aw, heck, it'll be worth going to SnB just to smack you upside the head!!

I, too, made such a resolution. I now carry around a very useless, tho expensive (for me) camera that is constantly out of "juice". I just hope you fare better.

Blogger dale-harriet said...

Oh-oh. "Rosh Hashanah resolutions"? I didn't know we were supposed to do THAT. Oh well, too late. Regarding the camera, I always ALWAYS? have mine with me (which isn't much help because I still can't get them into my blog decently) BUT....I have it in a small carrying case, so it can't turn itself on ("ooooh you have such a beautiful, sexy, limpid lens...") ::ahem:: and deplete the batteries. Just a thought. I now resolve to go find a pencil and ponder resolutions. Oy.

Blogger Faith said...

Dale-harriet - You don't have to, I come up with all kinds of rituals to celebrate my holidays - feel free to ignore any and all suggestions.

Molly - I'll post recipe and photo next week. Michael loves the enchiladas and I really enjoy making them.

AE - I love schadenfreude!!! Have you heard the song?

Catherine and Ellen - you two are two of the other women I am totally impressed by in terms of your camera hauling capabilities (and other things as well). I want to be like you when I grow up!!!

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Aw shucks! I was thinkin' the same thing about you, Faith Doll.

Post a Comment

<< Home