ShakesQuill is the artistic/creative affiliate of Shakesville - as Liss, the owner and founder of Shakesville writes:
Shakesville is a feminist blog, and a feminist's blog. It is a progressive blog. It is a safe space. It is a community. It is a blog whose contributors are resolved to endeavor always to be aware of our privilege, and, in moments of failure, remain open to criticisms and suggestions, think twice before responding defensively, and apologize when we fuck up. We expect the same of those who want membership in the community. No one is expected to be perfect; everyone is expected to be willing to self-examine and learn. Forward movement, progress, on cultural, political, and individual levels is woven into the fabric of Shakesville.
We blog about domestic politics, foreign policy, high culture, pop culture, books, film, telly, food, the patriarchy, oppression, repression, religion, philosophy, parenting, not parenting, marriage, cats, why women's trousers have so many buttons, and anything else that we feel like discussing. With photos. Many of them doctored for maximum hilarity.
All are invited. Whether you are welcome is up to you.
So, I am thoroughly honored and more than a little humbled to announce that I have been chosen as the new editor of ShakesQuill. I encourage you to submit your writing and creative endeavors.
And now on to the fun. It's Friday and I thought I'd put up some of my favorite things for the week of March 16 - 20. In my opinion, each and every one of these is worth clicking on. Really.
Here's 9 things just because I like 'em odd.
1. This t-shirt. It's funny cause it's true.
2. This movie. Can't.freakin.wait.
3. This project. So cute.
4. This gardening idea. Clever, clever!
5. This piece of technology. I'll never lose mine again!
6. This statement. I want a poster made for my craft room.
7. This website. Oh, the things I could make....
8. This abso*fucking*lute ridiculousness. Oh, come on. A master's in science? Really?
9. This made me laugh so hard I almost peed myself. And it's so, so wrong.