Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Los Angeles and Environs
One of the best things about living in Los Angeles is the weather - and with year round temperate weather comes year round outdoor activities. This weekend there is just a crap-ton of stuff to do. I, for one, don't get out more and enjoy the variety of events in L.A. because I don't know about them until it's too late!

This weekend it's supposed to be solidly in the 80's and I will have planted my last raised bed (out of of 4!!!) so what is there to do but get out and see some of the fun, dance around a maypole, eat fresh off the vine strawberries, eat an aebelskiver, listen to taiko drumming (LOVE this) and watch some whales.

So take your antihistamines and get your ass outside!! Here are some events I highly recommend:

Windsor Square-Hancock Park Historical Society Garden Party & Tour
Tanaka Farms Strawberry U-Pick
Oak Glen Apple Blossom Festival
Brewery Art Walk
Earth Day at Cabrillo Marine Museum
Monterey Park Cherry Blossom Festival
Southern California Medical Museum Open House
Pasadena Showcase House of Design
Scandinavian Festival (Thousand Oaks)
Malibu Whale Festival

Next weekend features my two favorite festivals -

1) the California Poppy Festival in Lancaster! JPL is always there with a great exhibit, as well as many other aerospace companies. Lots of great activities and crafts to participate in and there has always been one particular vendor with great Renaissance style clothing and accessories for your next trip to the Renaissance Faire.

2) the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at UCLA. 300 book vendors. 'Nuff said.

Have fun and don't forget your sunscreen.

Labels:

Stumble It!


5 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

I was wondering what you have been up to. Happy wanderings and plantings!

Blogger Faith said...

I have been spending a lot of time at home. Particularly in the back yard gardening my ass off. I'll post photos soon. Oh, how I wish I had taken before photos.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Between you and Ellen, I have no excuse to remain a hermit.

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Faith! Thanks for the calendar events. I will refer to your blog for my weekend calendar post tomorrow.

Don't forget this Saturday, meet-up at the Hammer Museum, Westwood, to view Lisa Anne Auerbach's faboo exhibit!! Info on "L.A. Is My Beat."

Blogger dale-harriet said...

Aebelskiver - Pesach's over, eat TWO! Do yours come with powdered sugar? Also - did you know that Earth Day was born right here in Wisconsin? Our very own cheese-eatin' Gaylord Nelson made it up! So...eat a chunk o' cheese on Earth Day. Also - you're inspiring. When I'm REALLY sure there'll be no more snow (ignore the tic over my right eye) I mean to try raised beds this year. And finally - aaaaah, 80 degrees; it'll get here. It'll get here. It WILL get here (listening, Nature?)

Post a Comment

<< Home