Monday, November 30, 2009
Let the consumption begin!
OK - as far as Black Friday is concerned, I am not about to line up with a bunch of crazy, exhausted people so tweaked out on adrenaline and Starbucks waiting for a $10 DVD player at 3:50 a.m.

Not my style.

However, cyber Monday is a shopping experience I can roll with from the privacy of my desk. Therefore, I have created a small list of fun things I am looking at this year for you and yours. Mostly books 'cause frankly, who doesn't like books? After all, they're awfully decorative!!!

Take a gander...

Kat Von D
Yeah, the show's got it's problems and I'm not into the drama but I've paged through the book and it's frankly worth every page for the heavily inked sister, friend or co-worker in your life. Each page is more gorgeous than the next and there is enough good writing and good art to make me drool. I've looked at lots of tattoo books. This one is awesome.




For your friend with an appreciation of mid-century modern anything, there's Atomic Ranch. Another drool-worthy book. I'm in love and spend nights dreaming of living in one of these Alexanders. I'm out on the patio, the full moon lighting up the night during a warm, breezy Palm Springs fall evening. I've got something fruity to drink and this book in hand as I sit on the lounge chair soaking in the gorgeous photos...




Got crafty folk on your list? This is something I'd be hesitant to buy for myself but it's a fun gift and it does, in fact have a ton of craftastic ideas. Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts has what you're looking for. Floating candles for summer parties. Bottle cap pendants for gifts. Screenprinting for that brilliant idea you had to sell t-shirts on etsy. Pom pom animals for your next kid's party. It's all there. Love this one! It's a good thing.




OK - do you know a camp follower? I don't mean tents and flashlights here. For anyone fond of high camp, check out a selection of some favorites from the '40's. Start with The Women, a total gossip fest. Then add All About Eve, toss in some Now Voyager and end with Auntie Mame. It's a total package. You're maudlin and full of self-pity. You're magnificent!





Lastly, for the baker of the family, grab Hello, Cupcake!

It's a cute book with actually cute cupcakes! Also, it's cheap enough at under $10 that you could add a cupcake pan and a bunch of colored sprinkles and still come in under $20.

Alright kittens, that's all for cyber Monday. Have a great time shopping!
Stumble It!


4 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Hmmm. You've given me two really good suggestions to fill my holiday gift list. Thanks!!

Blogger MAX MALIK said...

Thanks For your Suggestion. Now i am able to talk people friendly.

By Max
tattoos-beauty.com

Blogger Orangeblossoms said...

Looks like you've abandoned blog the way I have. I am trying again. I hope you will, too. Thinking of you-- witty, smart, gifted woman!

Blogger Ibrahimblogs said...

I love this post!!! It gives brilliant ideas!! Thank you!


This is Ibrahim from Israeli Uncensored News

Post a Comment

<< Home