Monday, December 19, 2005
Ho!
It is only 5 days until the real Christmahanakwanzaka/Birthday festivities begin. I am feelin' sorta festive. I just received my new Martha Stewart in the mail and I'm always feeling like I should be making something from that. Especially now that the season is actually seasonably cool, I feel a little bit like doing the season this year.

Of course then there is the ambivalence that creeps in. I think, "maybe I'll be more into it next year. I'll start my presents in August and have them done by December 1. I'll be perfect! Yes, perfect!"

Yikes. How did I get this way. Wasn't I the non-conformist chick at some point? Didn't I fight the power? Was I always trying to make everyone else happy? The answers seem to be yes, somewhat and yes.

Ultimately, I think part of it involves growing up. I'm not going to be fighting every system "just because" for the rest of my life. I think my next cause needs to be me.

Part of it is the little nervous breakdown previously alluded to. Hmm...50's housewife much? Too bad they didn't have prozac. On the other hand, too bad I don't have Valium and speed.

On that note, "Peace" friends. Make somebody happy this week. Especially if that somebody is you.
Stumble It!


3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Knitting and Crocheting Xmas gifts in August. Interesting topic. I used to think that way too, however I never planned ahead. I was always crocheting or knitting furiously around Thanksgiving and all of December to get those gifts done. Now, at the advanced age of 53 I've finally figured out how to solve this last-minute craft problem. All year long I knit and crochet LITTLE stuff: Hats, Scarves, Shawls, Wrist-Warmers, Booties, etc. in popular colors. In November, I designate many of these pieces as Christmas or Chanukah presents. I sell the rest!!! Problem solved. Merry Chrismakahkwanza, Sweetie. See you on Thursday!

Blogger WineGrrl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

Your birthday is in December?

Horrible stingy people always try to cheat December-Born People out of presents. This happened to my Mother all the time

Post a Comment

<< Home