Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Must Watch CNN............
I haven't been posting because I've been flipping channels between the Weather Channel (my fave), MSNBC and CNN. I can't stop watching. In fact, I have been waking up in the middle of the night and flipping on CNN just to see what is happening. It is hideous.

I am trying to understand the looters. I know that New Orleans has the highest rate of crime in any American city but the people looting cannot all have been criminals before this week. I understand finding food and water and batteries if you are desperate. I do not understand raiding the walmart for cameras and prescription drugs and TVs.

I am trying to come to some understanding and the only thing I can come up with is that people are so scared that they will never have anything ever again and they have lost everything that they are taking in a fit of fear and desperation without thought.

In other news...I am coming to so many conclusions in my own life. I am learning so much. My mantra for the week is to have compassion for myself.

Amazing revelation #1 - if one does not hate herself, one does not want to mistreat herself.

Amazing revelation #2 - if I have discord in a relationship with someone I love, I turn all of my attention to that until we have worked it out and there is harmony back in that relationship. I need to turn my attention to some discord I'm having with myself and start working on our relationship!!!

Amazing revelation #3 - Saying "I love me" has seemed corny and dorky and phony. From a centered place I would never see loving myself as phony and ridiculous. In fact it seems a little odd that that would even seem phony (corny - maybe...).

Anyway, where did I get all of these amazing revelations from? This book I found called...There Is Nothing Wrong With You. It is by this Buddhist monk named Cheri Huber who practices at the Zen Monastery in Northern California. I want to buy it for all of my friends who are having trouble seeing their fabulosity. I want to buy it for all the fabulous women in my support group who are all beautiful and loving. I want to buy it in bulk. I'm seriously thinking about going to a retreat at the monastery. Wanna join me?

Have a great day y'all.
Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger JaneKwonDo said...

I totally support you going on a retreat with Cheri Huber. I have known about her for a few years. She has a 7 day "THere is nothing wrong with you" retreat that I bet would be fabulous.

(I am home!! Thailand was awesome.)

My sense about the looters is just what you wrote...facing even more intense poverty, and needing basic supplies, many people 'looted' for what they needed. The looters stealing TVs, and other big appliances were just trying to get goods that could be sold down the line. It is hard to conceptualize, for me, the agony and fear in the consciousness of all of the victims there...they must be shit-ass scared.

I adore you and I hope you adore yourself!

Blogger dfadf said...

Post a Comment

<< Home