Thursday, August 11, 2005
An X-mas sized gift!
Yesterday, I had an absolutely lovely lunch with Jane. I wish I had a picture of Jane, but I forgot. Oh well. Just know that she's really beautiful and has really pretty eyes and lips.

Jane and I worked together at AIDS Project Los Angeles. At the time we were young and brilliant and fabulous. Now we are old and know a lot more about a few things but a lot less about a whole lot more. Does that make sense?

Jane is a therapist now (and though I have never seen her professionally, I bet she's pretty freakin' fabulous). She referred me to my therapist, Bob, at Kaiser where she interned. This is the best thing that has happened to me in the last 5-10 years because it was the beginning of the NSA (no shame adventure). If I had not run into Jane at the Stitch Cafe I might have never found Bob and then Leigh and then I might still be in bed and not writing this blog at all!!! This is the Xmas sized gift to which my title refers. It is one of the greatest gifts I have ever gotten.

Thanks Jane!

By the way, Jane and I had lunch sitting next to Phil Jackson of the Lakers and his extremely pregnant wife at Urth Caffe. SO L.A.!!!!!

In other news, the NSA (see above) is going great. I saw Bob today and came home feeling pretty ok with myself! I did some stuff I wanted to do and did some stuff I don't really feel like doing but I'm an adult so I have to do anyway...

Another thing, as Aunt Purl is giving up smoking, I am hereby giving up solitaire. It's not quite the same thing, I know, what with the addictive nicotine and shit, but it's one of the tools I've been using to sort of numb myself out from the world. No more. I'm giving it up for a while anyway so that I can stop using it as a way to take myself out of myself.

I should be a lot more myself then, shouldn't I?

Love y'all!!!
Stumble It!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO FAITH GO! I'm so proud of you!

Post a Comment

<< Home