Thursday, July 21, 2005
My 12th minute of fame...
I've had my share of fame. One might call me a media whore. I would not necessarily have a leg to stand on if I objected.

In college I participated in many a protest that landed me in the newspaper or KTLA News at 5. I was also the femmiest dyke on campus - which wasn't saying much because there were about two of us who were actually out - AND I was the director of the campus Women's Center so I tended to comment in the campus paper about any random queer or chick-related event.

At AIDS Project Los Angeles, where I worked for many, many years, I was chosen to be the agency spokesperson on Eazy-E's death from HIV-related causes ('cause I'm down wit' da gangsta rap....). After that I got to comment on every freakin' women and HIV story that broke in the mid-90's. Then I went on to UCLA where I was asked to comment on HIV vaccine research for various publications. Then the whole Young Wives' Tales thing and with Stitch n' Bitch being all hip n' shit, I've been interviewed quite a few times on that subject. I have a bulging (he he - I said bulging) file of press clippings. Here is my latest.

On page 77 of this month's Frontiers Newsmagazine is a feature on Metro Limousine, owned and founded by Michael and me. The article is titled Seven Gay Entrepreneurs Who Have Made Their Mark. You have got to check out what they wrote about us!

The article includes this lovely photo of us and though it is chock full of misquotes, none actually misrepresent us - which is amazing because I don't think I've ever been quoted where something I've said hasn't been misrepresented. This is some excellent press - in our target market! - and I'm certain that it will drum up some new business for us. It also happens to be Metro Limousine's 5th anniversary this month - which is a huge deal.
Stumble It!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads on your 5-year anniversary! Great article!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic and great article. Congratulations!

Blogger Allison said...

That is a super article! great pic - you two are so hot! Too bad I'm (almost) married and straight. haha!!

Blogger Christie said...

How awesome for you both! I love the picture!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you both. Very exciting article. Five years is not a very long time and yet it has changed everything really...for all of us.

Post a Comment

<< Home