Thursday, July 28, 2005
PUBLISH ME DAMN IT!!!!
This is me. I took this picture 6 hours ago. I am still sitting in the same place. I have done 6 pushups today - one for each trip to the kitchen where I stood looking in the refrigerator which happens to be bare except for some milk and a couple of limes. I get up and go to the kitchen to look at the very clean refrigerator every time I can't figure out what I want to be writing and/or my ass goes numb from sitting on it for too long.

I am currently hard at work on my book proposal for my new future agent (furiously crossing fingers, legs, toes, eyelashes). I really want to impress this guy so I am sitting up working on my proposal at a quarter after midnight. I am now nearly blind and my hair looks as if I have been through a wind tunnel. My skin is blotchy because my room is still 85 degrees F.

By the way, I bought my glasses at an antique shop in Banning last year. Fun, huh?

I am not complaining though (see this is me not complaining) because I am going to get my book published. Wheeeee!

More good news! Obviously, since you can see new pictures of me, my new camera showed up today. I love my new camera. If I wasn't already married, I'd marry my new camera. The video setting records audio. How freaking exciting is that? I also took a picture of my workspace. This is the space where I work. I'm sure that the feng shui is totally shitty but I'm an atheist as well as a total skeptic about everything - so I'm not all that concerned.

Hey, at least I have one of those bamboo thingies. (By the way, this also happens to be a photo of the offending desk of previous postings.) Anyway, I think I'll put on some Law and Order - or maybe CSI will be on Spike. I'll drift off to Marg Helgenberger dusting prints....
Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Cool glasses, what are the odds that they would be the right Rx? Keep us updated on getting published; very exciting!! =)

Blogger Allison said...

You have been published! Just not for this particular project. I feel it will work out for you.

Oh goodness - you still have the desk? Your knees must be killing you!

Post a Comment

<< Home