Thursday, December 01, 2005
My Big News!!!
As of today, Metro Limousine has officially merged with DIVA Limousine.

Michael just left the house to start his new job as Senior Account Manager.

I am here deciding what to do with the rest of my life.

We had an all-staff meeting last night (which, by the way was super-fun) to let all of our fabulous drivers know that they are now employees of DIVA. They all got raises and, despite fear of change, I think they'll all be happy there.

Back to me. What am I going to do with the rest of my life? Well, this is an excellent question.


This weekend Allison, of SuperCrafty and I will be selling our wares at the Ventura Holiday Street Fair. If y'all want to come out and see us, we'll be right on Main Street. It'll be brisk and sunny and a totally fun day.


After this weekend, I'd like to start working somewhere, at least temporarily, so if you know of any jobs for a creative and super organized person, let me know.

I have big plans though. I am terrified to say it out loud here on this blog but I'm working on starting my own business. Really. I'm working on my business plan. Currently I have 21 pages of blather that needs to somehow be organized into something workable.

Between that and rewriting my resume, I've got some work to do over the next couple of weeks. By the way, my birthday is three weeks from tomorrow. Just so you know.

Also, Happy World AIDS Day y'all.

This year's theme (when did we start having themes?) is accountability. Really. That's what CNN said. Let's start with virtually every leader of every country and their health ministers. Accountability my ass. You know the right wingers are thinking, accountability...that's right, it's the (Africans'/homos/junkies/sluts) fault. They should be held accountable.

Take a minute to remember that 40 million people are living with HIV worldwide and we're still not treating it like a serious issue. Of course, in this house, we treat it with a combination therapy of sarcasm, disdain, Fortovase, Epivir, Norvir, and Zerit but I'm just sayin...
Stumble It!


5 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! So glad to have your intelligent, witticisms back online. After hanging out alot with CAP, you're sounding decidedly southern. Yeah, I know...you're from SOUTHERN California, Y'all! Best of luck with all of your new plans!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement with ellen, so glad to have you back!!!!! I am so so so happy for you, now you and I can hang out freely without begging Justin to man the phones! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Congratulations! Happy dreaming of what you want to be - next.

Blogger Allison said...

I'm glad you can now be your bad ass crafty self!! I am very much looking forward to Saturday, where I intend to fill you in on my meeting with the Noro rep (photos of new yarn!) while enjoying the Ventura sunshine. And hopefully selling a lot of crafty stuff.

Blogger Allison said...

...by the way I meant Sunday.

Post a Comment

<< Home