Tuesday, February 14, 2006
2nd day in a row!!! What will you do?
Anyway, so as I was saying, I supposedly have this new job, which I clearly haven't started yet. My title is Sr. Public Administrative Analyst, which was actually my title when I left UCLA last time and I had a completely different job in a completely different area. It still doesn't tell you what I do. Even after three years of "sabbatical" from UCLA, it still doesn't tell you what I do.

Really, what I do is (hopefully!) going to be fun and mind-numbingly challenging all at the same time. I will be located at the UCLA Center for AIDS Research and Education (CARE) which is off-campus. It is actually across the street from the Museum of Tolerance. Essentially in the original Kosher Canyon, on Pico near Doheny. So there's lots of nice Jewish delis in the 'hood.

I'm (supposedly) going to be working with investigators who are doing clinical trials and need institutional review board (IRB) approval. I am supposed to, as I understand it, streamline the IRB process for HIV researchers because the word "streamlined" cannot currently be used in a sentence about the IRB.

I'm (supposedly) working with some really great people including a bunch of researchers that I have a great deal of respect for (I'm consistently going to end sentences prepositions with).

The Sr. Public Administrative Analyst position is actually just a job category at UCLA. There's about a billion SPAAs. There's also the Public Administrative Analyst, the Principal Public Administrative Analyst and the Assistant Public Administrative Analyst. I have no freakin' idea what the differences are.

My return to academia, though delayed, is much anticipated. Anyway, while patiently waiting for news, from UCLA I am enjoying my last days of unencumbered slackernesshood!
Stumble It!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home