Thursday, December 07, 2006
Splitting part deux
OK - here comes the really scary ones. This is the photo from the day my mom decided she no longer wanted to brush our hair anymore. We look ok. It wasn't too bad, mind you, we had just been to the hairdresser and we are in cute girly dresses, which makes for cute little girls. It wasn't always so sweet....











Nice photo - 5th grade... the brace face, the side part, the mini pony tail at the top - at least in this photo you know I haven't started dying my hair yet and by the way, that sparkly striped turtleneck. Classic.













Which brings me to.... not pretty. A boy maybe? A girl....who knows. It's Pat. At least that's what they would have said in the girl's gym had Julia Sweeney been on Saturday night live in 1982. Yeesh people!








A year later, I got the perm. Little Orphan Annie, here we come! Clearly mom started letting me wear makeup and I got seriously girly. Check out the heart after my name, the pink pen on the card. No way was I going to be mistaken for a boy this year dammit!!! Also, I'm wearing a dress. Pink and black striped all the way down. I'm going to give this a whirl and say there was in all likelihood a huge black belt.



OK, next time, 9th grade through high school. Surprises galore... seriously, you have no idea. It was soooo scary.

xo

Labels:

Stumble It!


12 Comments:

Blogger Uccellina said...

Yet you maintain the Adorable throughout! I am impressed.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

AaAaAaHHHHHH! i love it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heart...you're such a girl.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Gawd. That purple/black dress gives me the willies. I think I owned (and ROCKED) one just like it - and I was in COLLEGE!!! Yeah, baby! Gotta love the 80's!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg!! Love the 'big black belt' comment -- I'm sure you're right. Hope all is well, Faith. I always enjoy reading your blog! ~tommi

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can see sarah's holiday design here.

there's a pretty footer and everything.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

um, monkey is me.

that's one of my "test" sites.
sorry.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Faith....no matter what your hair looked like, you still had that cute twinkle in your eyes!!!

Blogger carlita dee said...

You look EXACTLY the same! I must say 8th grade was a year of high sophistication for you. :)

Blogger Allison said...

You really did look lovely throughout. The hair chronicles rock - what a journey through the 80s you made!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could erase 7th grade from my life, I think I would. Such an awful, awkward time. You weathered it well, m'dear- despite the bad hair and big belts.

Blogger Kristen Runge said...

I love the heart.

Post a Comment

<< Home