Thursday, July 19, 2007
WTF (There are no spoilers here)
OK - this post is about all of these freakin' people who think it's funny to spoil the Harry Potter book. I know nothing and I have a complete moratorium on all news sources until I have finished the book, which should, in my estimation, be around 3 p.m. on Saturday. Unless, of course I decide to savor it, and then it will probably be sometime early next week.

I hate people who want to ruin the party!

What is it?
  • Is it a sense of superiority that you know something that the rest of us don't?
  • Is it a feeling of schadenfreude at turning anticipation into disappointment?
  • Is it that you think you're going to get your 5 minutes of fame by being one of the people who spoils it for the rest of us?
  • Could it be that you're just assholes?
For Book 5, I actually went to the midnight event at Borders. It wasn't a huge deal but it was fun and seriously, I never stay up that late.

So, this Friday night, if you're looking for me, just search the nearest Borders. I won't be wearing any silly hats, I have no wand and I'm not buying Every Flavor Beans but I'm totally going to be there.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!


10 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

Yeah - I'm going on radio silence (that is, no internet) starting Friday and going till whenever I'm done reading. I hope that does the trick. Honestly, I am a little afraid to go out in public after Friday midnight (and won't have a copy of the book till Saturday evening). On the one hand, it seems insane to allow my life to be dictated like this by a BOOK, but on the other, it seems like I am not taking nearly enough precautions.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

annika you are too cute.

and i think people who want to ruin it for others are just plain assholes.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I agree with Miss K. Personally, I don't think the publisher needs to be so up-in-arms about someone leaking the pages (other than plugging the leak), because true fans will purchase the book anyway. Mine's been on order from Amazon for the past. . . two months? I think the leakers are like that Perez Hilton guy - people with nothing better to do, trying to f*ck with people, but easily avoidable.

My friend wants to go to that Borders thing. I didn't even know about it. See how much you can NOT know if you so choose?!

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I haven't seen Order of the Phoenix yet, and I'm avoiding all entertainment shows and a-holes until I do because I know someone is going to ruin it for me.

I will get my book on Saturday and commence reading immediately. Well, after I take the nephew to the airport that is.

Blogger fathima said...

you know when the last time i bought a new book was? i can't remember. bookstores that aren't used bookstores (as in the books are used, not the store, though that's possible, too. there has to be a better way of wording it. or spacing the words. ANYWAY.) freak me out. i get all jittery in them, all "what the hell, who pays 40 bucks for a book?" i also get all snarky, as in "that poor woman is buying a book that i can get for a fifth of the price."

BUT. my mother and sister have gift cards. that amount to over 60 bucks (i actually don't know what one of the cards costs) at Chapters.

SO. the first new book i am going to buy in ages is HP.
but only because it's practically free for me.
otherwise i would wait the the week it'd take the cousins to get through their copy.

i'm excited :)

Blogger Orangeblossoms said...

I, personally, can't wait until tonight at midnight. Spoilers or not, I'm savoring every page! Love me some Harry Potter!

Blogger dale-harriet said...

I love HP too (I did see the movie but honestly? I just kept thinking of young Mr. Radcliffe in the totally-altogether in "Equus", a delicious if out-of-context thought). The Spoilers are Death-eaters, taking pleasure in sucking all the joy out of other people. Actually? I think they are Mean Spirited which, in my estimation, is the lowest of the low. I'll be at the Border's party, in black gown and pointy hat, KNITTING. My book is coming tomorrow too (from Amazon and I "tracked it" - it's *in town* but won't be delivered until tomorrow so there nanno nanno. I heard the daughter of a friend of mine bought a copy OFF THE SHELF at Wal-Mart in Orlando!! For my part? I hope they get nailed.

Blogger Fluffycat said...

I am avoiding news on the internet as well. I just got the book this morning and am looking at blogs instead of starting, for some weird reason.

Blogger Uccellina said...

Finished it half an hour ago!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ucc is such a friggin show off!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home