Friday, October 12, 2007
Imperfect
Dude. I was so going to post my enchilada recipe today but instead, I am going to either scare the shit out of you or bore you to death depending on what side of the emotional spectrum you sit on.

It's getting close to Hallowe'en and so the ghoul had to come out to play.

I won't type her name but here she is rising out of McCarthy's grave. Apropos, no?

The incarnation of evil appeared on The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, who happens to be a practicing Jew.

Transcript by Media Matters

DEUTSCH: Christian -- so we should be Christian? It would be better if we were all Christian?

TIOE: Yes.

DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?

TIOE: Yes. Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?

DEUTSCH: So I should not be a Jew, I should be a Christian, and this would be a better place?

TIOE: Well, you could be a practicing Jew, but you're not.

DEUTSCH: I actually am. That's not true. I really am. But -- so we would be better if we were - if people -- if there were no Jews, no Buddhists --

TIOE: Whenever I'm harangued by --

DEUTSCH: -- in this country? You can't believe that.

TIOE: -- you know, liberals on diversity --

DEUTSCH: Here you go again.

TIOE: No, it's true. I give all of these speeches at megachurches across America, and the one thing that's really striking about it is how utterly, completely diverse they are, and completely unself-consciously. You walk past a mixed-race couple in New York, and it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would. And --

DEUTSCH: I don't agree with that. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe you have the chip looking at them. I see a lot of interracial couples, and I don't see any more or less chips there either way. That's erroneous.

TIOE: No. In fact, there was an entire Seinfeld episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying.

DEUTSCH: Oh, because of some Seinfeld episode? OK.

TIOE: But yeah, I think that's reflective of what's going on in the culture, but it is completely striking that at these huge megachurches -- the idea that, you know, the more Christian you are, the less tolerant you would be is preposterous.

DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not -- we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or --

TIOE: Yeah.

DEUTSCH: Really?

TIOE: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

DEUTSCH: Really?

TIOE: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

TIOE: Yes.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly -- you're too educated, you can't -- you're like my friend in --

TIOE: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey.

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean --

TIOE: We have the fast-track program.

DEUTSCH: Why don't I put you with the head of Iran? I mean, come on. You can't believe that.

TIOE: The head of Iran is not a Christian.

DEUTSCH: No, but in fact, "Let's wipe Israel" --

TIOE: I don't know if you've been paying attention.

DEUTSCH: "Let's wipe Israel off the earth." I mean, what, no Jews?

TIOE: No, we think -- we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.

DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?

TIOE: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners --

DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued -- when you say something absurd like that, there's no --

TIOE: What's absurd?

DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself --

TIOE: Well, that's what the New Testament says.

DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more Big Idea when we come back.


Fin -

Labels:

Stumble It!


9 Comments:

Blogger Fluffycat said...

I love that picture. I wonder if she dug him up and ate his brains to have some of his power source or something.

Blogger Psychomom said...

Is it wrong that I would love to kick her *uckin' ass?

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

'Kay, I don't get who the ghost is, but when I read the transcript of the Coulter i/v I couldn't FREAKING believe it. I sent it on to my BFF, who is a dyed-in-the-wool, card-carrying, (occasionally) vile-bile-spewing, die-hard right-wing republican, who also happens to be Jewish, and you know what he did? Defended her!! WTF?! I think that speaks VOLUMES (and not in a good way) about those sort of brain dead folk.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

TIOE makes me nauseous. It is only appropriate that she hangs around graves, being a vampire and all.

Blogger goodmamajama said...

Can you imagine how hellish her internal world is if she is so hate-filled and ridiculous?

Ugh.

Blogger Catherine said...

TIOE is most vile. How anyone could ever stand to be around someone so toxic is beyond me. Ugh.

Blogger fathima said...

i skimmed over the first few paragraphs and was reading the transcript and was positive this was out of some poorly-written televesion show or something.
sigh.
and then i read the top bit again and i don't think i watch shows this bad.

Blogger Abby Hansen said...

You know I adore you and your opinions - but as a fellow Jewess, baby, this c#$t isn't worth our outrage.

The whole world knows how full of it she is.

And I must add, as a bartender's kid - just let the crazies be. All they want is attention.

Blogger Eryn said...

Oooh, I wanna be Abby. This transcript made me wanna vomit at first, and then you pulled it into perspective for me, Abby. Thank you.

It's time we start ignoring Coulter the way we ignore Paris Hilton. You know what Paris Hilton did to sell her book? Went to a party without panties and showed her vagina to the cameras; I dont see a lot of difference here. Coulter's mouth is an open gateway to some dark, dank, unloved place. At least Ms. Hilton's money maker gets some love.

Post a Comment

<< Home