Thursday, April 17, 2008
Bah!
Mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg says that whomever wins the election this November, "at least we'll have an adult in office who can lead and can accomplish something."

I'm not a fan of McCain, I'm hella pissed at the way the Dems are behaving but I've got to say, Thank you, Mayor B. I mean really.

I know he's a shrub but did he HAVE to tell his Popeness "Awesome speech."? He might as well have fucking brought his bong on the dais with him.

I think Jon Stewart summed it up best this week noting that:

"Not only do I want an elite president, I want someone who's embarrassingly superior to me."

Me too Jon. Me too.

Labels:

Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn in Tucson said...

Same here. That damn elitist argument really got me pissed off last week. As if we're afraid of a President with an decent education and a working vocabulary. WHY should we be pandering to the lowest common denominator????

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Because the LCD is the largest concentration of voters, unfortunately. I don't know why it's true, but I believe it is. C'mon. I think of myself as reasonably intelligent (DEFINITELY not elitist), but most of the folks I meet are a helluva lot dumber than me.

I don't know if you watch much t.v., but 30 Rock last nite was spot-on! People like dumb. They relate to dumb. Intellect scares them. Even some of the most highly educated people I know are dumb (and not just because they disagree with me). They still hold onto beliefs that have no bearing in the real world. Because that's the way their parents did it, or their friends do it, not because they really think about and analyze and understand it. Sigh. It's times like these what makes me wanna be emo.

Post a Comment

<< Home