Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Day 2 of the Omer




Today's meditation is about justice and discipline in loving.

Loving Michael has not taken any discipline but I often get questions about how our relationship works in reality. One of the greatest things I have learned from my relationship in the last 8 years (or 15 - really who's counting?) is about respecting each other's personal space.

At the beginning, I'm not sure that this was so obvious -- and I'm not sure how good a job I did at respecting his personal space...further, I'm not so sure how good he was at respecting mine. I will say though, that 16 years later (has it really been that long?!), we're really good at it. We spend plenty of time together, but we also spend plenty of time apart, engaged in what makes us happy. Here's a little sampling of our 16 years.

So far.
So good.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


3 Comments:

Blogger æ said...

omg, I love it. I love the themes of your posts, and I really love all the photos, and I also love you talking about what it means to love someone and how you and Michael do that for each other.

what a great relationship.

You are Wonderful and Inspiring.

xo
ae

Blogger Loquacious Chase said...

Faith, have you ever shared pictures or memories of you wedding day? I'd love to hear about it.

Blogger Loquacious Chase said...

Ugh! My #1 spelling mistake is typing "you" instead of "your". One would think that by now I'd learn to proof my own posts, but I never spot that one until it's too late.

Post a Comment

<< Home