Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Damn.
(Photo courtesy of KTLA.com - tree destroys truck in Long Beach)

So, it was a little windy yesterday. 10,000 people in L.A. are still without power and that's about a quarter of what it was last night.

Most importantly, half of my Hallowe'en display ended up in the street! Thankfully, the husband was home to retrieve it all and once the winds die down, I'll reset the whole deal.

Thankfully, our power stayed up through the night (Thanks Burbank W&P!!!), so I was able to finish the majority of my gown and set my wig! Tonight, I'll be finishing the gown and doing some baking for our office potluck.

Lesson learned. Next year, I'm doing my gravestones in concrete.

Labels:

Stumble It!


4 Comments:

That was right across the street from my friend's house, she says the chainsaws and equipment clearing it away kept them up all night. :-( I am glad I parked under our carport - nothing so big came down in our area, but there were a lot of branches and debris.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yes - concrete, and you can leave them up ALL YEAR LONG. :)

Blogger Ibrahimblogs said...

This happens often!! I have witnessed one such incident years back!!

Keep blogging!!

This is Ibrahim from Israeli Uncensored News

Blogger Unknown said...

I remember this incident clearly, Faith. My wife and I saw this in the news, and it saddened us for a couple of days.

Anyway, I see that you have a few posts that mention you wearing wigs. My wife likes to wear them too, especially human hair wigs. Like you, she spends an awful lot of time styling it even if she doesn't have to wear it. It's where she applies her creativity.

Post a Comment

<< Home