Thursday, February 23, 2006
Thursday and the livin' is ....
I wasn't certain how I should title this post. Honestly, I wanted to say the livin' is pusy but I thought people might think I meant pussy and really, symptoms of syphilis don't involve pus anyway. They do involve chancres but chancre-y isn't a word. So anyway, the end of this post is about syphilis - but you'll get there eventually....

I really really start work on Monday. I am quite excited. And hopefully I'll have something less gross to talk about.

In even better, funner, cooler news, my lovely sister is pregnant! This is a photo of her at her bachelorette party. Which oddly enough involved anthropomorphized watermelon pranks. Someday I'll tell y'all about it. Here she is slightly drunk (which she is not currently) and not at all nauseous (which she definitely is currently).

I am freakin' excited about becoming an aunt. I think she's going to be a great mom.

Also, her husband, Joe, is pretty freakin' fantastic as well and will certainly be a great dad. Both Shannon and Joe are pretty laid back, well-adjusted as can be expected and have a great home in the Valley. Not a bad start for a kid, in my opinion.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE:

Last week at Stitch n' Bitch, I promised to put up the info about the Los Angeles County Syphilis program called "Stop the Sores" and their mascot Phil (get it? syPHILis) and the San Francisco mascot, the Healthy Penis. Anyway, here's a picture of the devilish Phil handing out the stress balls (he he) of his image in Los Angeles. Below is a photo of Phil and Healthy P. on Castro Street.

You can find more about Phil and the campaign including Phil's hilarious appearance on the Daily Show at www.stopthesores.org. Aren't their grins absolutely evil? I have been working in the social service field for many a year (15 or so) and have never thought that anything like this would make it past all the damn funders, censors, etc.

By the way, you can barely see it in this photo but Phil totally has an earring (sore-ring?). Ewww.

On that note...Have a great day y'all.

Labels:

Stumble It!


7 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I have *SO* been waiting for this post. I mean, congrats and all to your sis and her hubby, but STOP THE SORES?!?!?! That is the greatest. I think I'm in love with Phil.

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

BTW, is Healthy P. SHAVED?! kinky.

Blogger Uccellina said...

That's even better than I imagined it would be.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

an earring?

uhhhhh....


monkeygurrl is right. he does appear to be hairless.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

The earring matches his silver clodhoppers. If nothing else, he knows how to accessorize.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

I couldn't see Healthy P until this evening; at work we have this content filter to "protect" our students....who are all over 18.

Blogger Unknown said...

There is nothing to laugh at when I'm fearful of doctors, so I’d prefer home std testing which is not so much traumatic

Post a Comment

<< Home