Friday, August 11, 2006
Take me out!
OK - last night was Stitch n' Pitch at Dodger stadium. Seriously.

"What do you mean Stitch n' Pitch?"

I mean 460 knitters and their 100 amused husbands and children all sitting in the stands working on socks, blankets, hats and other knitted, crocheted, embroidered and cross stitched paraphenalia. It was a freakin' blast. I found myself giggling at all of us constantly. I must have said, "This is so great!" about 100 times.

This photo is of only one section of the Stitch n' Pitch crowd.

The crowd seemed older than the every day SnB crowd - all the great ladies from Stitches from the Heart were there - but there were also your pink-haired tattooed freak knitters as well.

A huge group from WeHo went including Gwen, Lori, Sara 2, Ellen and lovely other half Larry who took tons and tons of photos, Mary Jo, Kathy, Abby and Jennifer. I know I'm forgetting people! Sorry!

From the Tuesday night "OG" group there was Allison, Jenny, Annalise, Teresa and her friend Bianca, Shannita, among others.

Everyone was so great. What a total trip.

The people who bought tickets around us, having no idea they were going to be surrounded by knitters, were understandably dumbfounded and most of them were mightily amused.

This is Stephanie - a Crazy Aunt Purl blogstalker. She recognized me from Laurie's blog. I'm famous! Stephanie knitted a cap with the Dodgers logo. Crafty Stephanie!!!








This photo is early - before the game started. I went to the bottom of the section we were in and had everyone yell "YARN!" I'm such a dork!


Oh and by the way the Dodgers played the Colorado Rockies and won 4-3.

This is in baseball.

Labels:

Stumble It!


8 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Faith! You are soooo right. The SnP Dodger Game last night was a blast. I sat in around knitters and crocheters from Orange County, Thousand Oaks and even as far away as Laguna! It was faboo. I will post a few of my pix today and Larry's pix on Monday!

Blogger Uccellina said...

I didn't go out of charity and love for y'all. When I go, the Dodgers lose. I didn't want a sad ending for the knitters.

Blogger Stephknits3 said...

Hi Faith! It was fun sitting with you all last night! My mom will love the pic you posted of us! I wish your group wasn't so far away from the LBC, I think we would have fun! :)

Blogger crazyauntpurl said...

Your pictures are insanely cute! Looks like a fun time was had by all :)

Blogger Gwen said...

Psst...
http://noirbettie.com/blog/west-hollywood-stitch-n-bitch/

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) I'm so glad y'all had such a great time. I wish *someone* would detail on the gift bags, especially if they went with the Unwind crowd.

I don't care if I have to spend $100; I love "free" stuff!!!

Blogger Michelle said...

I thought I reconized you, but I couldn't place the face. I was sitting behind you with two boys during the beginning of the game before you moved.

It was such a fun game.

Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

That sounds like a really fun event - though I can't imagine how exactly something like that would get started ("Hmmm, I like knitting, and I like baseball....") - but as my partner says, it good to see so many "crafty" people. And I think solidarity in knitting is something we need at more sporting events.

Post a Comment

<< Home