Wednesday, December 13, 2006
This message was brought to you by...
Our new house. Which we took possession of last night around 6 p.m. and promptly began ripping up carpet and then pulling every last carpet tack in the place.

Man, those carpet layers really go nuts with the damn tacks. Some of them were seriously embedded in the wood but I yanked every one of those mothers out for the arrival of our hardwood flooring crew, which arrived this morning at 9 a.m. to start sanding and staining.

As my mother-in-law says, "That girl does like a deadline, doesn't she?"

I will get back to splitting hairs tomorrow. Promise.

By the way, heh heh, I said layers, nuts, yanked and wood. Heh heh. I am 8 years old right now...

Labels:

Stumble It!


7 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i'm 8 years old all the time, if that's the case!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 years old? I totally wouldn't have gotten those jokes until at least 12 or 13. I was sheltered. But I'm making up for it now! Ahem.

Blogger Annika said...

Yippee!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHooo...very exciting! Can't wait to visit and see the House of WIPs!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) I'm with Susan. I *totally* wouldn't have gotten those jokes until I was in my 20's. But I more than made up for lost time!!

You know, that sounds like FUN. Really. When it's your own house and everything. Good for you.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being eight...

Blogger K8 said...

Congratulations on the house!!

Hehe, nuts and wood. Oh those jokes never get old....

See you at SnB next week?

Post a Comment

<< Home