Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Today on Jewdar
I have written before about the Oedipus Motorcycle Club, the second oldest gay motorcycle club in the world, founded in 1958.

I am an associate member of the club (as I do not ride my own bike and can't be a full member). I love these guys. They welcomed me warmly on my very first ride.

Anyway, I was looking at some of the referrals to That is so queer... and someone found me by searching "jewish motorcycle gang".

There are Jewish motorcycle gangs?

I know! I was surprised myself.

I don't know why, as I am an associate member of a gay motorcycle gang and my rabbi growing up rode a Harley (a malfunction of which caused him to be two hours late to officiating at my sister's wedding - damn Harleys).

Here are a few of the actual names of the Jewish motorcycle gangs (or clubs if you prefer...)

Chai Riders
Hillel's Angels
King David Motorcycle Club
Yidden on Wheels
Chaiway Riders
The Tribe
and my favorite...
SOBs (Semites on bikes)

Just made me laugh this morning!

Oh yeah! Also, tonight I'll be going in for more ink!

I love a day of Stewed, Tattooed and Hebrewed!!!

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!


3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hah! Chaiway Riders! My fave! So clever!

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I vote Hillel's Angels as my favorite.

Blogger Marg B said...

Melbourne, Australia has approximately 20,000 Jews. In the 1990s there were two Jewish motorcycle groups competing for members. To me, that just about summed up the "two Jews, three opinions (or three shules)" that is the Melbourne Jewish Community. Yids On Wheels still rides today.

Post a Comment

<< Home