Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Tying the knot in California
I am so happy for all of the couples that are finally allowed to get hitched in California. I also look forward to the hordes of New Yorkers that are not-so-slowly making their way to our state to legalize their unions.

Last year I celebrated one of the most beautiful weddings in Banff. My dear friends, Mick and Jim were married at Banff Springs.

Here's one of too many fabulous wedding shots! It may look photoshopped, but it's not.
It was the most gorgeous ceremony and I was honored to be invited. Most of the time I'm a terribly jaded hag but call me crazy, I love a good wedding where two people who really love each other share it with a room of 200 people.

In addition to the sharing of the love, blah, blah, I am a party planning enthusiast and Mick and Jim's wedding was not to be outdone. In fact, their wedding planner won awards for their wedding!!!

What's even more exciting is that I am able to perform marriage ceremonies!!! So let the bells ring, brides and grooms-to-be!

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Yes, a good friend and I were talking about this over dinner. We are both just thrilled at this development and hope for a stampede of happy couples heading for California to get hitched. And as we live in a place that is popular for weddings (Catalina Island), we're guessing we'll see plenty of them!

Mildly curious - you said you are able to perform ceremonies? How/when did you do that?

Blogger twinsetellen said...

My preferred resolution to the matter is that no marriage be legal. Everyone, gay, straight, bi, whatever, would have to make a civil commitment, kind of like forming a business partnership. Marriages could be left totally in the religious realm.

Post a Comment

<< Home