- Los Angeles regretfully has started denying applications to same sex couples immediately as required
- So, last night the queers were angry and took to the streets. 7 arrested in Hollywood, mostly peaceful everywhere else.
- Protest today in front of the Mormon Temple on Santa Monica Blvd. at 2 p.m. Lorri Jean will be speaking.
- WHAT: Leading supporters of marriage equality will hold a news conference in front of the Los Angeles Mormon Temple in response to the Mormon church’s leading role in the deceptive advertising campaign for Proposition 8. At the urging of church President Thomas Monson, Mormons contributed more than $15 million to fund the initiative which would repeal the right of same-sex couples to marry.
WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 6, 2 p.m.
WHO: Speakers include: Lorri L. Jean, CEO, L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, Religious and community leaders
WHERE: Los Angeles Mormon Temple, Corner of Selby Ave. and Santa Monica Blvd. Westwood, California 90025
- The Christian Right is monitoring blogs for violent comments. You are forewarned.
- Per KLIV: Santa Clara County is joining the city of Los Angeles and San Francisco County in a legal challenge to Proposition 8, the gay marriage ban passed by voters Tuesday.
County Counsel Ann Ravel says the county is challenging Prop 8 because it would limit the rights of certain residents by not letting gay couples marry. Because the County Clerk is required to issue marriages, the County has an interest in making certain all its citizens are treated equally.
Ravel says there is only one legal way to amend the California Constitution to ban gay marriage. The legislature needs to pass a revision when a fundamental right is involved. That would then go to the public for a vote
5,387, 939 votes for Prop 8
4,883,460 votes against
difference of 504,479 votes 100% of precincts reporting.
I'm going to keep updating with everything I learn.