Monday, November 10, 2008
TNNA and Proposition 8
This winter, The National NeedleArts Association will be holding its Winter 2009 Trade Show at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego. I won't be attending and I'll be letting TNNA know the reason.

Developer Doug Manchester has given significant financial support to Proposition 8. Manchester’s $125,000 donation has prompted activists to boycott the Manchester Grand Hyatt, the Grand Del Mar and the Manchester-owned San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina. So far, the San Diego County retirement board and the Association of American Law Schools have canceled events at the Manchester Hyatt.

Sorry, TNNA - I'm not spending one dime to support Doug Manchester.

If you want to send a message to TNNA - let them know why here:

Address: 1100-H Brandywine Blvd.
Zanesville, OH 43701
Phone: 800-889-8662
Fax: 740-452-2552
Email: TNNA.info@Offinger.com



(This man's money was used to rob us of our civil rights.)

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!


2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I just checked out my TNNA show booklet and the host hotel is indeed the MGHSD. The actual convention is at the San Diego Convention Center, so there are other hotels on the roster with TNNA rates: Hilton San Diego Bayfront and Best Western Bayside Inn, for example. I have to attend for my business, but you have my word that MGHSD will not ever get a DIME of my hard-earned money.

I want to write a letter, but I'm concerned TNNA needs a solution vs. just "back out or else." Knowing the yarn industry, my feeling is they will just throw up their hands and say "oh well." Any suggestions on what to say in the letter so it shows them it's not only important but also not-that- daunting a task for them to move their show headquarters (and all the guests possibly) to another hotel?

Would love some tips on effective letter writing from a pro. Thanks!



"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind."

- Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

Post a Comment

<< Home