Friday, March 24, 2006
Audience Participation Time
OK people, next Thursday I leave for NYC, the land of apparently better bagels, slices of sky and the original home of Tiffany's. I am attending Night of a Thousand Gowns where Michael's friend Gefil Tefish (Jeffrey to us) will be crowned Empress XX of New York. Saturday night and most of the day will be taken with the ball and preparations for the ball (I AM Cinderella!!! I am!).

Anyway, I have a few ideas of things to do. Jeffrey said he'd take me to the FIT museum, we're going to go to the top of the Empire State Building and we're spending a whole day in Michael's home neighborhood of East Meadow. I am planning on attending SnB NYC.

Any suggestions from the gallery???
Stumble It!


8 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Uhm. . . I think you should (1) protest SFSE; and (b) visit http://www.knitnewyork.com and Habu Textiles. And take LOTS of PICTURES.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

Dean & Deluca, the Guggenheim...golly I am jealous! ;-D

Blogger Ellen said...

One word:

Habu!!

Have a fab time.

Blogger Annika said...

It's pretty sad that I lived in New York for 18 years and I can't think of a thing to suggest for you. Not a thing! I feel so silly.

Blogger Allison said...

Sounds like you have your week planned and great suggestions, but here are a few off the top of my head:

The costume/fashion institute at the MMA. It's small, but part of the regular admission to the museum. Also, I recommend checking out the rooftop bar if you go late in the afternoon on a weekday - fab view of central park.

Pearl River in Chinatown, B'way and Grand (take the R to Prince, it's 2 or so blocks south if memory serves.) I don't recall a favorite restaurant in Chinatown, but essentially in NY you can't go wrong with Chinese.

Zabars if you're on the UWS - mmm black n' white cookies...

Tasti D Lite - 'nuff said.

And of course, pick up a Time Out NY before you get on the plane.

Blogger Allison said...

AAAH! How could I forget the pizza??? John's is my favorite. Thin crust, nice n' crispy. These 2 locations are superb.

John's Pizzeria
408 E. 64 St., near First Ave.
260 W. 44th St.

Blogger Uccellina said...

Explore Brooklyn! First, eat the best pizza in NYC, then have ice cream for dessert. And you can wander over to Vinegar Hill to see Brooklyn architecture a la the 1820s.

Blogger Uccellina said...

Oh - and you can walk across the Manhattan or the Brooklyn bridge to enjoy all of the above.

Post a Comment

<< Home