Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Oh, no she didn't
Long ago, when I frequented El Coyote (mid-90's), I used to say it was the only restaurant in L.A. that you could flip over your plate and all the food would stay put. I haven't been in about 10 years and so my boycott won't amount to much, but if you go...don't.

Marjorie Christoffersen, part owner and manager of El Coyote gave $100 to Yes on 8 group ProtectMarriage.com.

She now says she regrets her decision.

Ms. Christoffersen said on one blog advocating a boycott of El Coyote.

I love you guys, I would never do anything to hurt you, I wish I hadn't done it.
So do I. But now there is a call to boycott the restaurant, which has been owned by a branch of Marjorie's family since it opened in 1931. To try to make nice, Marjorie says that she's holding "an open breakfast Wednesday at 11am to speak to the community."

Brunch started about 15 minutes ago. Anyone there to make nice?

Via Huffington Post

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!


5 Comments:

Blogger AmberSwan said...

I'm very curious to see how Ms. Christoffersen attempts to un-ring her bigotry bell.

El Chavo has better Mexican food, anyway... and a big picture of Dolly Parton behind the bar.

Blogger Faith said...

Hey sweet pea!!!

apparently Ms. Christoffersen royally f'ed up during her make nice event. Read about it here.

Blogger AmberSwan said...

Wow. She's a douche.

I miss you, Faith! I'll be marching here in Seattle this Saturday.

Blogger WineGrrl said...

Didn't the LDS church put a lot of pressure on its members to donate to the "yes" men and threaten anyone leaning toward "no" with excommunication?

I hate to sound like I am defending her because what she did really stinks; I am just trying to understand why someone who benefited very nicely from the buying power of the LGBT community would turn around and do this.

Blogger Raphael said...

Crocodile tears, with no real remorse.

Post a Comment

<< Home