Friday, April 21, 2006
Speaking of Jews...It's short attention span theater!
First off, this is going to be a totally random, free-association post. If you don't have a very extensive attention span, this one's for you.

I think I have to have this book, Bar Mitzvah Disco. It made me nearly pee my pants. Multiple times. Definition of "It's funny because it's true." I have some great photos that I swear Ellen, I will post this weekend, of myself in a Gunny Sax dress with a fairly high lace collar and sleeves down to my wrists. I look like I just escaped from Colorado City.

Thanks for asking, work is going well (though I am blogging, but it's also lunch-ish time - guilt!!!). Anyway, I have business cards that have my very hookie poo* title on them and I'm about to meet my first real deadline provided I get some doctors to sign some papers and frankly...not as easy as it sounds.

Then I start on a big huge protocol for an experimental drug. I'm actually looking forward to it. My office mate, one Dr. Cranston feels secure in letting me know that there are drugs for that sort of problem. Great, just what I need, a few more psychoactive medications! Which, by the way, still seem to be working fairly well, if I do say so myself.

Today is Jeff's 35th birthday. If he had lived this long he would have had a few stray gray hairs and he probably would have been really pissed off about that. He also, I think, would have had a job at APLA or a similar organization, he'd be clean and sober and he'd probably have been a great 35 year old, despite still being a huge pain in the ass.

On another note, I went to Whole Foods this morning on my way to work to pick up lunch and they had the "Fancy Water" for sale. It was called Metro Mint. I love mint, I need to drink lots of water, I bought the water. Guess what. It tastes like that crap they make you spit out at the dentist. No wonder it was on sale. I've spent the entire day being pissed off at my water for reminding me that I should make an appointment at my dentist. A brilliant way to spend my time.

Also, just a total weird aside on the topic of going places that give root canals, yesterday I hauled my ass to the DMV. Guess what? I had a pleasant experience. Everyone was nice. I had an appointment but I was there early - nobody sneered at me. They moved me to first in line and I saw some woman who has clearly been working at the DMV for half an eternity who was lovely.

I walked out of there as if in a trance, went across the street to the verizon store prepared for a 50 minute wait and the store was - no, not full of smelly people trying to get some free phone deal - empty. That's right. I said it. EMPTY! I figured out my shit and left before my time had run out on the meter.

Only one thing this can mean. The earthquake is coming...

*Hookie poo - also, big Kahuna, Grand Poobah, top banana

Labels:

Stumble It!


3 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i'm glad you were there last night (and that you're actually posting!)

i can keep up now!

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

you forgot "Lord God Boofoo". Not sure what that means.

Great seeing your cleavage last nite!

Blogger Uccellina said...

Yay for more Faith-blogging! Oh - and I checked my blogger profile, and under the Contact Me box in the upper left hand corner, it says My Web Page. This link does, in fact, go to the new blog rather than the old one. If all else fails, here it is.

Post a Comment

<< Home