Tuesday, November 18, 2008
And now, a humorous intermission (possibly NSFW)
I have a great love of all things tacky.

I cannot display my love of kitsch in my home, however, because our home is the "oasis of zen calm™" among my friends and family, so I'm told. Therefore, I cannot display my crocheted strawberry pie, the standee of Lisa Simpson or any other finds that have tickled my love of a good piece of trash. The only exception to this is my grove of pink flamingos in the back yard.

However, one of the greatest parts of the intertubes is that you can see other people's collections of stuff that they make, collect or find on the street.

Crochet is the art of kitsch. Some of the most hideous outfits ever put to advertising were crocheted. Just check out Stitchy McYarnpants for proof.

I have been crocheting since I was about 7 or 8 years old and though I'm not as fast as Ellen (Queen of crochet), I daresay, I'm pretty good. The greatest part of crochet is that you can make just about anything and you don't need a pattern. Crochet a little here, a little there and you have a taco, bacon, or severed fingers.

As I hopped around the web looking for fun this week, I found is What Not to Crochet.

and this.


Hellllllllllllllllllp!!!! FFS! What were they thinking?????????

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!


4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Goodness! What fresh hell is that?!

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahaha! That blog is listed on my BLOGLINES!!! I get updates! I saw that too! It's awesomely wild!!

Thanks for the crochet kudos. You're not too bad in that department, yourself!!!

Blogger Kath said...

What in the world IS that? Looks sorta alien to me!

Blogger twinsetellen said...

I am betting the pattern doesn't appear in The Workbasket.

Post a Comment

<< Home