Thursday, May 04, 2006
Off my thread for Secret Pal 8
Alright - Thanks to Gwen (that's not a saying, Gwen gave me the info) I've signed up for SP8. It's a knitting thang and if you're not a knitter, which a whole bunch of you aren't, you could just skip this post or, you could find out some freaky things about me and knitting. Anyway, this post is required so here I go.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I absolutely love Unikat by Skakel - it's their really pretty brown/blue colorway. Ultimately, I'm completely obsessed with alpaca. Not only are they really freakin' cute, but they're hypoallergenic as well! I'm not a fan of funky, novelty yarn. Just me, not a judgment of others.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my hooks in a festive pencil holder. Needles in a big ziploc bag. Since I only use circs, it seems to work for me.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for about 7 years, crocheting for 28. I'm an advanced crocheter, beginner/intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes. Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I'm not a big scent fan but I love mint for bath products.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? MARSHMALLOWS....mmmm.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? This is going to be kind of a long one. I sew, I spin, I love doing almost any craft I can get my hands on, though I do not quilt or scrapbook at all and I haven't gotten into needlepoint. I do love subversive cross stitch though I've never learned how.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I love me some 80's hair bands, also pretty much anything that was played on KROQ in the 80's. It's bad. Yes, everything plays MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love fall colors. Love greens (not kelly). Love pinks. Don't particularly like white or shades thereof.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Hmm my family situation. Long, long story which you'll have to read in my first blog post but I am married. No pets - terribly allergic.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves and hats. No mittens - not cold enough in SoCal. No ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love hats!

13. What are you knitting right now? I'm crocheting right now - can't say what. It's a present.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely as long as they're useful. I'm not a big fan of the tchotchke (otherwise known as knick knack).

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular aluminum. Always.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Winder - and I love it. When I move I'll get a swift. Currently I don't have room for one.

17. How did you learn to knit? A friend taught me to knit - grandma taught me to crochet. Stitch n' Bitch taught me everything else I ever needed to know.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? Yeesh, probably not as old as some others, but I'm embarrassed to say, more than 3 years.

19. What is your favorite holiday? This is a hard question. I love holidays. Hallowe'en would probably be my favorite though.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Isn't yarn enough?

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I've got everything I can think of. I don't have any subscriptions, I just end up a picking up Vogue Knitting or Interweave when I'm around a bookstore, which is pretty often.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd love to be a better knitter all around. My technique sucks, frankly. Someday, I'm going to have to take an intermediate knitting class because I fear that is the only way I'll learn.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No. And that's a very personal question!!! Actually, I have no idea what my foot measurements are.

24. When is your birthday? December 23.

Labels: ,

Stumble It!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home